birding-aus

Red-tailed Black-Cockatoos in Perth

To: Birding Australia <>
Subject: Red-tailed Black-Cockatoos in Perth
From: Dimitris Bertzeletos <>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 11:55:00 +0200
Thank you Frank and very interesting.

As a recent 'Perthling' I was told that they were going to be tricky birds to
get locally. Good to see regardless.

I can confirm that at least two of these eight birds were begging juveniles,
the others were one sub-adult male, 2 adult females and three adult males. They
spent all day stripping the trees of seeds and only briefly returned today
before moving on.

Cheers,

D.