birding-aus

Hoopoe update

Subject: Hoopoe update
From: Adrian Boyle <>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 13:59:59 +0800
Hi all

The Hoopoe was still present yesterday at the Roebuck Roadhouse 16/12/11

Its looking great at the moment having nearly completed its moult.
When it was first found it was halfway through moulting its neck and wing
coverts.
The bird has now progressed through its crest and is now looking pretty smart
with its tail now nearly complete.

Here are some images I took yesterday of the bird.
They are the first 2 images in the gallery with the other photos taken a few
weeks earlier.

http://www.pbase.com/wildlifeimages/hoopoe

This will be my last update on the bird for a few weeks as I will be away but I
think most keen birders who have wanted to see this guy have now ticked him off.

Cheers Adrian