birding-aus

Little Curlew & Painted Snipe - Ipswich area, Qld

Subject: Little Curlew & Painted Snipe - Ipswich area, Qld
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 13:50:40 +1000
Rob D and I searched for both birds - Curlews at Amberley Air Force Base
and Snipe at Rosewood - yesterday (Saturday) between 6.30 and 10.00.
No sign of either bird/birds. We scanned the airdrome from Behms Rd for
over an hour - they coulda been there but we didn't 'scope them.
The same at Rosewood for the Snipe - we DID have a nice non-breeding
White-winged Black Tern and several Red-kneed Dotterels (been ages since
we've seen any) at Rosewood - there were only 2 Cotton Pygmy Goose too,
an apparent drop on numbers seen previously.

Pls post if you see either of these species in this area again -
especially the Curlew.....I really, really, really want this bird....

and I shoulda really, really, really gone during the week.....

Cheers, head slapping and butt-kicking,

Colin
--
  Colin Reid