birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 00:05:06 +1030
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
Monday, November 21, 2011 to Sunday, November 27, 2011:

Area: SA

Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011

Location: Port Willunga on the beach northerly from the Star of the Sea about
500-1000metres along the beach

Hooded Plover (Thinornis rubricollis) (1) Four healthy chicks light brownish
sitting on the rocks while tide came in. Parents seen later in fenced off area
along the beach with signage asking dog owners to keep the dogs at water line
on a lead to protect the plovers. The locals appear to have taken ownership of
the plovers and all dog walkers complied while I was watching. Birds flew to
fenced off area when dogs were on beach.

Reported by: Jean Tucker on Wednesday, November 23, 2011