birding-aus

Balangara

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Balangara
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 04:20:45 +1100
Postings about threats of boycotts were referred to in a couple of recent
postings. I think I was the only one who actually mentioned a boycott, and I'd
just like to point out that it was a joke.

A small part of my job at work is to forward undetected spam (false negatives)
to our anti spam software suppliers in order to keep their filters up to date.

I probably dislike spam to a greater degree than many because I have to do more
than just delete it - I also have to read it to decide if it's really spam. I
didn't consider the first two Balangara emails anywhere near qualifying for
forwarding.

But I was a little dismayed to see the words "amazing" and "ringtone" (bad),
and "lyrebird" (good) in the same subject line. Having read the earlier ones, I
just deleted it.

Nothing more would have come of it if no one had mentioned it on birding-aus.
Having discovered we'd all received the same emails, I was motivated to
comment, and I suspect others felt the same.

Anyway, here's another vote for condemning this behaviour but forgiving them
this time.

I've deleted all the text of the email I'm replying to for fear of annoying our
poor digest readers. This stupid phone only allows me to quote all or none.

Peter Shute