birding-aus

Hoopoe

To: "'birding-aus'" <>
Subject: Hoopoe
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:53:44 +1100
On Behalf of Eleanor & Albert Wright

15/11/2011..  After much nashing of teeth we took the plunge and headed  off
to Broome to twitch the Eurasian Hoopoe. The redeye from Melbourne to Perth
followed by a two hour stop over at Perth before heading to Broome was
tedious. followed by the baggage collection and car rental process before
getting on our way to Roebuck Plains Roadhouse induced more anxiety.  Then
getting there and frantically searching (I leave that to your imagination)
... However all was rewarded.. great views of the Eurasian Hoopoe and even
managed a few photographs. The bird can be seen around the grassy area in
front of the caravan park. patience is required (mind you.. running our
quickly today!!).  We will be in Broome until Sunday morning and will go out
to see the bird again. can be contacted on 0439 135 468

Albert & Eleanor Wright .. "The Gypsy Twitchers" www.gypsytwitchers.com