birding-aus

Golden-shouldered Parrots - Thanks!

To: "Birding-Aus (Forum)" <>
Subject: Golden-shouldered Parrots - Thanks!
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:51:18 +1000
Hi all,

Thanks again to everyone who offered advice on Golden-shouldered Parrots.
 I was able to spend a morning with Sue from Artemis Station and was lucky
enough to see 6 parrots including some wonderful extended views of a male,
with the added bonus of some nearby Banded Honeyeaters and Bar-breasted
Honeyeaters.  I understand Sue isn't getting as much funding for her very
important work as she used to, so birders taking advantage of her
hospitality should definitely be making a donation to help ensure the
conservation work continues.

Other birds of interest on the trip were a Golden Bowerbird on Mt Lewis,
and a brief view of Buff-breasted Paradise-kingfisher at Kingfisher Park.
 Keith tells me they are now staking out territories and will hopefully
start nesting shortly, with up to three pairs on the property at this stage.

I'll post some photos on wildiaries when I get the chance.

Cheers,
Chris Sanderson

--

Check out our site: http://www.bird-o.com
Follow us on Facebook (Bird-O) and Twitter