birding-aus

WTNT Report for 2010/11 Seaon: Addendum.

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: WTNT Report for 2010/11 Seaon: Addendum.
From: Michael Tarburton <>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 08:48:37 +1100
G'day all ye bird-watchers:

White-throated Needletail (Hirundapus caudacutus) Report for 2010/11 Season: Addendum.

I have erred – having missed placing the last 1.5 pages of last season's notes into my swift database.

This means Irene Allan saw WTNT on 81 days not 74 as reported and her brother Ron Becker (Maramingo Creek, E. Gippsland, Vic.) saw them on 8 days not six. It also means Irene saw the last WTNT I have record of, in Australia on 13th April. She saw them at Timbillica (NSW), just off the Princes Highway and just out of Victoria.

Both these sites are just NE of the Thurra River Rest Area (E. Gippsland), Vic.. Thurra River Rest Area is the best site I know of for seeing WTNT in Victoria. If I lived there I think I would see WTNT more often than Tom Tarrant who happens to live near Kobble Creek in SE Qld., which looks like perfect WTNT habitat to me.

Cheers & Happy swift watching in the 2011-12 season.