birding-aus

2 RFIs - Twitchathons and Darwin

To: Christopher Watson <>, Untitled <>
Subject: 2 RFIs - Twitchathons and Darwin
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:20:41 +0930
Sorry I won't get to meet you.  I'm speaking at the Borneo Bird Festival,
leaving tomorrow.  Have a great time
Denise

on 11/10/11 6:50 PM, Christopher Watson at
wrote:

> G¹day all,

I¹m popping up to Darwin for the rest of the week and thought I¹d
> put out a request in case there was anywhere around the Top End that was
> particularly ³twitchy² at the moment. I¹d love to hear off-list if anyone has
> some good hotspots.

Secondly, we¹ve just wrapped up a corker of a bird week
> here in Alice Springs with the twitchathon topping all my expectations.
> Inspired by the amount of interstate and international participation we had
> here in The Centre, I¹ve decided to put out the feelers nice and early for
> anyone involved in Twitchathons outside the NT who¹d be happy to have me on
> their team. I¹ll travel wherever your team is competing and all I ask is a
> floor to sleep on. I¹d love to have a bash at as many regional twitchathons as
> possible.

The other option is, if there are three other like-minded birders
> out there keen on joining the interstate twitchathon action, it might be fun
> to form a team of vagrants to blow in and do a few different 24 hour events
> through the year.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

Chris Watson