birding-aus

Contact for Artemis and info on Buff-breasted Button-quail site

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Contact for Artemis and info on Buff-breasted Button-quail site
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 21:08:48 +1100

Evening all,
I am heading back to Cape York next month and I am tidying up a few things that
I have been meaning to chase up over the last couple of months.
Firstly, on the way up we intend to bird around Musgrave and are hoping to
visit Artemis to look for Golden-shouldered Parrots. Does anyone have contact
details for the Shephards (Sue and Tom?) to allow contact beforehand to line up
a visit?
Secondly, earlier this year there was some discussion around Buff-breasted
Button-quail and sightings in the past. I know the timing isn't great and this
is a hard bird to find but I am wondering if any of the people that discussed
it could let me know whether the site is publicly accessible. Probably better
to respond directly (rather than to the list) and I have also been in touch
with Del Richards regarding a possible tour (potentially including a look for
this species). If the land is private (or requires permission) then happy to
know that as well.
Thanks in advance for any help on these matters.
Cheers,
Peter