birding-aus

Fwd: Nature of Farming

To: Birding-Aus Aus <>
Subject: Fwd: Nature of Farming
From: Carl Clifford <>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:51:02 +1000
Dear B-A,

'Scuse the cross-post, but some might wish to help out Anand by voting. Seems a good type of award.

Carl Clifford

Begin forwarded message:

From: Anand Prasad <>
Date: 24 August 2011 2:22:57 AM
Subject: Nature of Farming

Hello Carl,
Please would you vote for the Charringtons, Argyll and Bute for the RSPB Nature of Farming awards.
It is where I live, see blog below.
They are the only Scottish finalists.

'The quality of species-rich areas on the farm were exceptional, a testament to the previous and current sympathetic management. I have not seen such a diverse and colourful sward at any other farm or nature reserve in Scotland before' Dr Tom Prescott, species conservation officer, Butterfly Conservation Scotland.

It is especially important to vote as apparently they are neck and neck leaders.
Please also tell all your friends contacts for the final push.
Voting ends on 31st August.

Details on http://www.rspb.org.uk/ourwork/farming/natureoffarming/finalists.aspx
vote directly here
https://www.rspb.org.uk/applications/inforequest/index.aspx?dt=PAIFAR0302
I have much more detail on the biodiversity here
http://treshnishbirdlog.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Prasad