birding-aus

Geoff Jones photos at Julatten

Subject: Geoff Jones photos at Julatten
From: Patrick Scully <>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 21:53:30 +1000
Hi All
I got a lot of pleasure at looking at Geoff Jones photos. I especially loved
the birds you saw around Julatten Geoff. I had some very brief trips up to
Julatten while saying at Port Douglas in June and was very impressed with
the area. I managed to find a Pied Monarch after a tip from Alan Gillanders,
but it was a brief view and your photograph of the Pied was impressive
indeed. Alan suggested I look out for the Chestnut-breasted Cuckoo, but I
ran out of time. But what a fine bird and I spent ages looking at your
photos of it. I loved your photos of the Red-headed Honeyeater too Geoff and
am curious as to where you saw it. Deb and I stayed at the roadhouse at
Musgrove in 2009, but I'm guessing that where you saw it was some distance
from the roadhouse?
Best wishes,
Patrick Scully