birding-aus

Raptor ID: Williamstown, Melbourne 6th June

To: <>, <>, "Ed Williams (MELB)" <>
Subject: Raptor ID: Williamstown, Melbourne 6th June
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 22:38:29 +1030
Hi Tony

No doubt at all that your bird is a young Swamp Harrier.

I had a Black-breasted Buzzard record in 1982, during the big drought at the
time in Victoria, near Bacchus Marsh - it was of a single young bird with not
much black on the chest, but it was certainly a definite BB Buzzard - you never
know, one might turn up in Melb one day !!

I gave Ed a lot of good notes for Hattah-Kulkyne for many of the trickier
birds, so curious how you guys went...??

Cheers

Martin Cachard
Cairns
0428 782 808