birding-aus

Barbary Doves in Melbourne - please report.

To: "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Barbary Doves in Melbourne - please report.
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:01:00 +1000
"Drawn"?

I noticed this morning that there were a few vehicles at the north end of the
large paddock opposite where the birds have been seen, working on the oil
pipelines, I think. Maybe all that's happened is that the birds have been
disturbed. It would explain the fluctuating numbers.

The paddock is full of boxthorn. Would this species nest in those?

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry