birding-aus

Twofold post: scrounging a lift to the Western Treatment Plant / RFI St

To: "Tony Keene" <>, <>
Subject: Twofold post: scrounging a lift to the Western Treatment Plant / RFI St Kilda.
From: "michael norris" <>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 23:23:02 +1000
Hi Tony

I guess you are ticking!

Can't help with the WTP but I have a very good idea about the birds along the coast. St Kilda is a bit north of my patch - the City of Bayside (which starts about 10km south of the Melbourne CBD) - but I guess that Black-faced Cormorant would be rare there as it is here (5 records this century).

Pacific Gulls are increasingly common as you go south. You would almost certainly find them if you went to Brighton Beach, Hampton, or Sandringham stations on the Sandringham railway line from Flinders Street. Head for the foreshore, find the path nearest to the beach, and walk back towards the City, get a train back from another station north (not so easy from Brighton Beach but if you get to the Brighton Marina you could find your way - about 1km).

Best of luck

Michael Norris
Bayside Friends of Native Wildlife