birding-aus

help to find Eungella HE, Zitting Cisticola & Yellow Chat

To: <>, birding-aus threads <>
Subject: help to find Eungella HE, Zitting Cisticola & Yellow Chat
From: martin cachard <>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 11:14:06 +1030
G'day Kate & Ray

Why not get in touch with Allan Briggs - he lives in Rocky-Yeppoon area & has
been heavily involved in surveys of Yellow Chats on the mainland sites (not
just Curtis Is). I'm sure that he could help you out & that he would know of
some spots for Zitting Cisticolas as well.

The Eungella Honeyeaters were around Snake Rd-Dalrymple Rd junction in June
last year when I was last there (there is a report on Birdline of this) - I
imagine that site would be good to check in May. They were getting into
mistletoe pretty low down in the trees on the side of Snake Rd not far from
it's junction with Dalrymple Rd.

I think Allan is a subcriber to this site, otherwise you can find his details
in a Birds Aust publication like Wingspan as he is the BA contact for the
Capricornia region...

Good luck!!

Cheers

Martin Cachard