birding-aus

Little Corella flock over Ivanhoe

Subject: Little Corella flock over Ivanhoe
From: brian fleming <>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 21:05:25 +1000
The racket of an approaching flock of Little Corellas got me to the window about 5.00 pm this afternoon. More than half of a huge flock had already passed over the house - hundreds of birds were flying eastward, calling and screeching. My guess would be about 400 or 500, but no time to count them. They were above the house-roofs but not very high. We are on the east bank of Darebin Creek, downstream from Heidelberg Road.

Anthea Fleming