birding-aus

Gull-billed Tern subspecies

To: "Birding-Aus (Forum)" <>
Subject: Gull-billed Tern subspecies
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:54:57 +1000
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I have belatedly put up some identification
notes and photos on Bird-O on the differences between Gull-billed Tern
subspecies macrotarsa and affinis, courtesy of Martin Cachard.  Thanks
Martin for putting the differences into words, it might seem easy once you
know what to look for but I know from experience in Broome it takes a little
while to get your eye in on them.

http://bird-o.com/2011/04/11/identification-of-gull-billed-tern-subspecies-in-australia/

Regards,
Chris Sanderson