birding-aus

Powerful owl in Toohey Forest

Subject: Powerful owl in Toohey Forest
From: Ronda Green <>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:55:58 +1000
Hi

Just on dusk in Toohey Forest a few nights ago (27 Feb) we heard a powerful owl
calling near the path that leads from Nathan campus towards Mt Gravatt campus.
We tired unsuccessfully to see it  but the call was unmistakable. It's the
first time I've heard one there for some years now. We used to have a resident
pair, then one was found dead and the partner apparently departed for a while.
Good to hear we have at least one back again (whether the same individual or a
different one)

Cheers

Ronda

Ronda Green, BSc(Hons) PhD
Araucaria Ecotours
http://www.learnaboutwildlife.com

ph 61 7 5544 1283
Visit us on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/AraucariaEcotours

Chair Wildlife Tourism Australia: http://wildlifetourism.org.au
Chair Scenic Rim Wildlife: http://scenicrim.wildlife.org.au/
Honorary research fellow Griffith University