birding-aus

RFI Tablets for PC Software?

To: "" <>
Subject: RFI Tablets for PC Software?
From: Ian May <>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:22:46 +1100
g'Day all

Over the last 8 years I have been using Maxsea 3D marine navigation software for pelagics and Oziexplorer loaded with 1:250,000 topo maps for outback work loaded on a netbook with GPS. Recently contemplating buying a replacement tablet or phone with GPS. Could anyone advise, is it possible to load and use existing 32 bit PC software on to tablet or smartphones etc. or is it necessary to purchase new applications compatible with the new technology. Are there any recommendations? I was thinking Samsung Galaxy but open to any suggestions that will run existing PC software if possible.

Regards

Ian May
St helens tasmania