birding-aus

Gull and Tern ID Resource Needed.

To: "Mark and Amanda Young" <>
Subject: Gull and Tern ID Resource Needed.
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:11:09 +1100
Hi Mark

Trevor Ford has recently published a guide to gulls and terns in SE Qld:

Shorebirds, gulls &&#8203; terns of Coastal SEQ : an identification guide
Illustrations are by Jeff Davies

Pub details:
Self-published Trevor Ford, 2010
64 p. : ill. ; 15 cm.
I can't find an ISBN but the Libraries Australia number is 45782131

Trevor often reads Birding-Aus so he may let you know where you can get a
copy.

One of the best books for gulls and terns worldwide, also covering other
seabirds, is:

Seabirds of the World: A Photographic Guide
A Photographic Guide
By Peter Harrison

Paperback, 317 pages
317 p. 740+ color photos 24 pages of line illus. 319 maps
22 cm .57 kg
Princeton University Press, 1996
ISBN:   0691015511
EAN:    9780691015514

This is still available from several online booksellers, but the original,
even more comprehensive hardback is out of print, but available in a
number of libraries (these are listed on the National Library website):

Seabirds: An Identification Guide
By Peter Harrison
Hardcover
448 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.)
25 cm.
Croom Helm, 1983
0709912072 (Croom Helm)
Also published by Reed, ISBN: 0589014722 (Reed)