birding-aus

Orange-bellied parrots and population numbers addendum

Subject: Orange-bellied parrots and population numbers addendum
From: "Donald G. Kimball" <>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 16:30:06 -0800
Hi Folks:

Recently I stated on an earlier post that when I was at Melaleuca filming
wild OBP's that there were 200 individuals at that time and that now they
are down to 50 or so.  I had obtained the number of 200 birds from a
reference from Joseph Forshaw's Parrots of Australia 3rd edition (October
10, 2002).  The correct approach on my part should have been to check in
with the OBP recovery team to verify that in 2008/2009 that number was still
relevant.  So just a quick correction and also to wish the OBP team
fantastic success with their work.

Cheers and thanks to my helpful Aussie mates

Don Kimball

www.polyteliswordpress.com