birding-aus

Cyclone Yasi

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Cyclone Yasi
From: Fiona Anderson <>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 08:54:29 +1100
Hello Birders,
Just to let you know that we have heard from Brenda Uhlenhut (Kirrama Wildlife
Tours) and they are safe and well.
By the sounds of it they have suffered a fair amount of damage to their house
(windows blown in and numerous trees have come down on their house) but
structurally it should be OK.
I know Brenda is relieved that their family is safe and the house Ok (if
needing repair) but I know she is devastated by the sight of their rainforest.
It has just about been flattened and the few trees that are standing are mere
sticks.
Cheers,
Susie