birding-aus

Cocos and Christmas Island Rariies - stop talking and do it!

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Cocos and Christmas Island Rariies - stop talking and do it!
From: "Peter Marsh" <>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:14:44 +1100
Dear Birders,.

Barbara Harvey and I have made bookings to go to Cocos and Christmas Islands.
The opportunity seems too good to miss given that Mike Carter's group saw 17
birds that would be new for me even given that I have been to both island
groups twice before.

We are leaving Sydney on Saturday 22 Jan flying to Cocos. On 28th Jan we  fly
to Christmas and on 1 Feb fly back to Perth where we overnight and spend a
night in a motel near the airport. we then take a morning flight to Sydney on
Feb 2. We have good accommodation and a car on both islands. Included in the
cost is a canoe trip to South Island for Saunder's tern .

We could accomodate 2 extra people in the car so if there are two compatible
birders out there who want to paricipate please contact me ASAP. Cost with 4
people is approx. $2687 per person. This is a non-commercial trip and I am
payoiing the same as all other participants

Regards
Peter Marsh
0414 810 426