birding-aus

Possible Short-toed Eagle

To: <>
Subject: Possible Short-toed Eagle
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 12:12:13 +1100
I agree with Carl, not that my opinion matters. But as I said before, I
would rather see a Secretary-bird in Africa, where it belongs, than
Canberra. That is assuming I can ever afford to go out of Australia
again (I only have once). But if I was in or near Melbourne I would
certainly like to go and look at it too. (Not that I understand Tony's
comment.....)

Philip

-----Original Message-----From:
 On Behalf Of Carl Clifford
Sent: Tuesday, 28 December 2010 10:10 AM  To: Tony Russel       c:
; 'Tim Dolby';

No Tony, there is no sandpiper envy. I don't bother about wasting my
resources racing hither and thither after vagrants. I would rather
save my money and go and see the birds in their native habitat. The
cost of getting to Christmas Island can get me to SE Asia and feed and
house me for a week or two. I prefer to Kill (metaphorically) 2-300
species with one stone. The Stilt Sandpiper will have to wait till I
get the dosh/time to travel to Central/South America via Europe.

Cheers,

Carl Clifford