birding-aus

VicTwitch 2010

To: <>
Subject: VicTwitch 2010
From: "Paul G Dodd" <>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 21:45:16 +1100
Hi birding-aussers,

Some of you may know - especially if you follow us on Twitter or Facebook -
Ruth and I have spent this year chasing Tim Dolby's VicTwitch record. Last
year Tim managed to see 345 species in Victoria (excluding pelagic trips).
This year Ruth and I have seen 380 species in Victoria (including pelagic
trips - about 366 excluding pelagic trips).There are a number of species
that we have not yet managed to see, but there are still 18 days left of
this year!

Following is the list of species from the Victorian list that we have not
seen this year. We certainly don't expect to see them all, but we're both
taking the last two weeks of the year off and intend to devote ourselves to
getting as many of the remaining species as possible.

We would appreciate any assistance with finding any of these species. If
anyone has reasonably recent sightings of any of them, could you please let
us know?

Thanks in advance!

Paul Dodd

Docklands, Victoria

King Quail

Indian Peafowl

Common Pheasant (unsure if this is on the Victorian list)

Grey-headed Albatross

Sooty Albatross

Light-mantled Sooty Albatross

Southern Fulmar