birding-aus

NSW, Sydney, Long Reef: no Grey Ternlet this morning, but approx 100 Whi

Subject: NSW, Sydney, Long Reef: no Grey Ternlet this morning, but approx 100 White-throated Needletails
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 18:32:50 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

Raja and I spent a couple of hours at Long Reef, NSW, this morning in attempt
find the Grey Ternlet that was seen there yesterday. We dipped on the Ternlet
but saw the follwing:

White-throated Needletail: approx. 100 appeared to migrate East
Wedge-tailed Shearwater: 2
Short-tailed Shearwater: approx. 20 beach-wrecked (dead for a long time)
Little Pied Cormorant: 2
Great Cormorant: 12
Little Black Cormorant: 20
Australian Pelican: 12
Nankeen Kestrel: 1 female
Sooty Oystercatcher: 9
Pacific Golden Plover: 6
Masked Lapwing: 4
Grey-tailed Tattler: 8 (although standing on rock, they did not look like
Wandering Tattlers)
Ruddy Turnstone: 12
Red-necked Stint: 60
Crested Tern: 33