birding-aus

RE: Request for help-Snipe ID

To: "'Andrew Bell'" <>, <>
Subject: RE: Request for help-Snipe ID
From: "NT Immersions Pty Ltd" <>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 08:42:15 +0930
G?day Andrew

Photos turned out great!  I?ve attached a couple of the best ones I?ve got.

I have been gliding through the guides as to a bit more of a clue on the ID
of the Snipe and found something which related to a quick observation we
noticed when it flew a short distance.

Jim Flegg Photographic Guide,: ?In flight the toes project beyond the tail
tip (difficult to see but gives impression of a pointed tail)?

I think that?s just a little reinforcement for me, because I eluded to the
suggestion that I saw a ?pin?.

Other than that, the reference to a buff flecking has also been found which
is shown in a couple of your great images.

Regards

Mick