birding-aus

Ruff location at the WTP, Werribee, Victoria

Subject: Ruff location at the WTP, Werribee, Victoria
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:14:32 +1100
Hi Barry,
The location of your coordinates is known as  "Barrow Pits".
Another "hot spot" at the farm. Thanks for providing the details.
Peter

Date:   17/11/2010 05:53 PM
Sent by:

In reference to my post of last night about seeing a Ruff at the WTP, I've

looked at Google Maps in the satellite view mode, and I believe I know
exactly  where I was when I took the pictures of the Ruff.  It was a
distinctive spot, because there was a little track down to the edge of the
pond,  with
trees behind and to the left of us, as I faced the pond.  I knew we  were
in that general area, and once I took a look, it was clear to me.

The coordinates are -37.997862,144.647037  I believe that if you put  that

into Google Maps, you will see a red marker at the spot where I was  when
took the pictures.  The bird was southwest of there, maybe 25 or 30 meters

away.  The pond we first saw it on was one or two to the west, and  maybe
one pond south as well, probably the one that is east of Farm Road and
south
of 280 South Rd.

I haven't heard back from the young man I was out there with yet, but I am

quite sure that this was the place we were.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Barry Brugman