birding-aus

RFI: Stuart Highway SA

To: <>
Subject: RFI: Stuart Highway SA
From: "Steve" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:27:52 +1000
Hello all. I will shortly be driving the trip from Port Augusta SA to Alice
Springs (to visit the Princess Parrots) and would like to know of any spots
along the Stuart highway that are better than average for desert birds. Of
course, I will be making random stops if time permits, but if anyone has any
hot sites for the following species I would appreciate some advice. (If the
sites are sensitive please reply off line). Species I need are: Cinnamon
Quail-thrush; Banded and Chestnut-breasted Whiteface; Inland Dotterel;
Chiming Wedgebill; Thick-billed Grasswren; Gibberbird; and Scarlet-chested
Parrot (I know....dream on!). Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers Steve Murray