birding-aus

New shearwater pelagic opportunity

To: <>, <>
Subject: New shearwater pelagic opportunity
From: Simon Mustoe <>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 16:57:01 +1000
Jeff,

Thanks for your words of support!

We are aware that the flycatcher is a '1st' but also that someone Chris Doughty
knows, reportedly saw one on Cocos in 2008. It's likely this wasn't submitted
to BARC but we were not sure. If not, I guess we can claim it as a first.

As for the shearwaters. I have 6 - 8 spaces on a 2.5 day pelagic leaving Darwin
on about the 6th November. It will be an overnight to the location, a day of
birding, then back overnight. Note, we saw lots of Arabian Shearwaters in many
places over similar habitat. So I believe there is a very good chance to refind
them. The final price will depend on the number of people who want to go but
will be somewhere in the region of $700-900 per person ex Darwin harbour. Note,
this will be the only reliable chance this year.

I am currently taking expressions of interest. Call me on 0405 220830.

Regards,

Simon.

Simon Mustoe
Tel: +61 (0) 405220830 | Skype simonmustoe | Email

Visit BIRD-O at http://www.bird-o.com
Follow BIRD-O on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/birdodotcom
Like BIRD-O on Facebook? Visit
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/Bird-O/117732794921095