birding-aus

Red-caps. at Truganina.

To: "" <>, "" <>, "" <>
Subject: Red-caps. at Truganina.
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 09:42:02 +1100
Sounds like a good idea, but in this case the area is already completely fenced
and off limits to the public. These people had to climb over a shoulder height
fence to get in.

People occasionally get in there to walk their dogs, but I would imagine that
would do less damage to the Red-caps' breeding success than having remote
control cars screaming all over the nesting area for a prolonged period.

Interestingly, I don't think there are actually any signs saying you aren't
allowed in, although that should be obvious, or why. I'm not sure if that would
reduce the number of incursions.

I think a bit of barbed wire would have the best results.

As I mentioned, it's really hard to get trespassers into any kind of trouble,
because they're usually on foot, and would be already gone if the police ever
did turn up.

Peter Shute

Sent using BlackBerry