birding-aus

Assault on Hair by Birds (was Attack by Friarbird).

To: "'Tony Russell'" <>, "'Gary Wright'" <>, "'Del Richards'" <>, "'birding aus'" <>
Subject: Assault on Hair by Birds (was Attack by Friarbird).
From: "Stephen Ambrose" <>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 17:36:25 +1000
I remember seeing a Willie Wagtail land on the bare chest of the late Peter
Congreve who was sun-bathing (sleeping) in a chair on the verandah at The
Eyre Bird Observatory in the early 1980s. The Willie wagtail then started
tugging at Peter's chest hairs in an effort to collect nest material.

Stephen Ambrose
Ryde NSW