birding-aus

Christmas Island - RFI please

Subject: Christmas Island - RFI please
From: M RODGERS <>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 05:57:36 +0000 (GMT)
Dear Birders
I see Christmas Is is topical at the moment, I'm thinking of a visit for a week
from 8 April 2011, mainly for seabirds but will try for everything off course.
Had planned to do it this year but the flights from KL (travelling from UK)
were
all cancelled back then.  Now flights seem back on from KL I'm assured by the
lady on CI tourism office.  From a birders point of view is April likely to be
any good or any other issues to consider, weather for example?
(I won't get into the politics of lists but surely keeping it on the bird list
automatically ups its profile and importance for conservation of the species
present otherwise 'who' will be interested in the birds any more- same applies
to Lord Howe! Same argument for declaring a rare endemic species, call it a
race
and no body is interested))
Thank you for any info.
Matthew Rodgers, UK