birding-aus

Nikon Monarchs and don't put your binos on the car roof!

To: Stewart Ford <>
Subject: Nikon Monarchs and don't put your binos on the car roof!
From: Chris Charles <>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:37:53 +1000
The current import GST free cut-off is $1000.
You may still get a note from customs directing you to their web site & instruction to complete multiple forms even though the cost (not including postage) is less than $1000. However if you email them instead with the invoice & the notice ID they will politely apologise for inconveniencing you for the delay. - daunting bureaucracy but delightful to talk to was my experience - your mileage may vary.

Chris Charles
0412 911 184

33deg 47'30"S
151deg10'09"E