birding-aus

Australian Ravens in Melbourne?

To: Dean J "." L <>, "birding aus" <>
Subject: Australian Ravens in Melbourne?
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:38:07 +1000

Dean

I had assumed that the ravens in Melbourne were Little Ravens but, after
taking a closer look (and listen), I was surprised to discover that
Australian Ravens are present too, at least in Box Hill.

I haven't seen any evidence of nesting but Australian Ravens seem to have a
fairly constant presence in my area over the past 12 months.

Regards

David

             Dean J.L
             <
             Sent by:                  <>
             birding-aus-bounc                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       [Birding-Aus] Australian Ravens in
             13/08/10 05:07 AM         Melbourne?

Hello all.

I am very curious about Australian Ravens (Corvus coronoides) in Melbourne.
Apparently, they are not a very common bird either in the city or the
suburbs, but have been spotted from time to time. What I have certainly
never heard of is an Australian Raven nesting or taking permanent residence
here. This is what I would to find out.

Is there anybody here with experience in corvid identification (including,
for example, an awareness of any misconceptions) who can state with
confidence that they have seen an Australian Raven not just perching or
what not but actually nesting or at least maintaining permanent residence
somewhere in Melbourne?

Thank you in advance.

==============================

visit http://www.mci.com

Any personal or sensitive information contained in this email and
attachments must be handled in accordance with the Victorian Information
Privacy Act 2000, the Health Records Act 2001 or the Privacy Act 1988
(Commonwealth), as applicable.

This email, including all attachments, is confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose, distribute, copy or use the
information contained in this email or attachments.  Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this email has been sent to you in
error.  If you have received it in error, please let us know by reply
email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.