birding-aus

Princess Parrot - Permit Required

To: "'David Stowe'" <>, "'Tim Dolby'" <>
Subject: Princess Parrot - Permit Required
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:56:39 +0930
Some of you don't seem to be reading the regulations correctly. There are
three types of permits each with increasing difficulty to get.
The first is a simple Transit Permit which allows you access to various
through roads in the area. The next is an Entry Permit which allows access
to some areas as shown on the CLC's website map. However , most of the areas
where PPs have been reported require a Special Purpose Permit which is  much
harder to get approval for and can take weeks to be granted (or refused).
These are normally only granted to Government Departments doing
developmental work or research and to universities for anthropological,
geological or environmental  research. Some of these can take months to
obtain. All this info is available on the CLC website so I can only advise
you to read it carefully. I have been in phone contact with the CLC official
responsible for assessing applications and either granting or refusing them
after extensive consultation with traditional owners of the land. He has
warned that people caught without the proper permit in Special Purpose areas
will be severely fined to a maximum of $1000.

Read the note from Tim Dolby more carefully.

I am not sure to what extent the above applies to the Santos Mereenie
Oilfield area which some people are targeting.

Tony