birding-aus

RFI Princess Parrot hunts

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: RFI Princess Parrot hunts
From: jenny spry <>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 09:27:46 +1000
Hi all,

Well, I have heard the siren call of the Princess Parrot and as I am not
tied to a job (mast) I am jumping onto a Red-tailed Qantasbird on Tues
morning and heading to Alice Springs where I am meeting my birding friend
Barb and her partner in their Nissan Patrol.

We will be in Kings Canyon on Wednesday or Thursday and I am wondering if
anyone else will be there? As this has all come up since Ian's emails I have
no idea of our plans other than to get to Kings Canyon and start the hunt. I
would love to hear from anyone going so that we can compare notes and plans.

I am also wondering if someone can tell me how and where we go about getting
the necessary permits. Finally I know the distances involved from Kings
Canyon to the GPS of the last sighting but does anyone know an approximate
travel time?

cheers

Jen