birding-aus

Re: Pintail and SMS: a tiresome thread ["Andrew Stafford" ]

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Re: Pintail and SMS: a tiresome thread ["Andrew Stafford" ]
From: "Robert Inglis" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:58:19 +1000
Hi Andrew,

You must be related to Robin Hood - you seem to be just as proficient at
drawing a long-bow*.

Perhaps you could explain why you really decided to try to link my name with this thread ("Pintail and SMS" nee "Bird Alert - Clearly something is not working") which I clearly did not start and, until now, have not been involved in. You effectively admit that you did not have my wellbeing in mind (quote ".......perhaps I will cop a spray for taking Bob's name in vain again,.......) so, what was you purpose?

I should note here that you seemed quite willing to enter into a discussion on 'birding ethics' earlier this year and therein expounded philosophies of personal self-righteousness. It seems to me that you may have changed you attitude recently. Perhaps some people could accuse you of hypocrisy in this instant but I would not be so cruel. Instead, I would rather credit you with the far more admirable activity of supporting an old and valued friend.

*Drawing a long-bow? As you stated in your recent posting, my theme in the posting of mine which you referenced had nothing to do with a failure of Bird-O to credit me in one of their reports and yet you now claim I started this current discussion about correctly attributing credit for reports on Bird-O or other places.

Bob Inglis
Sandstone Point
Qld