birding-aus

Kuyunba Conservation Reserve, Alice Springs, NT

Subject: Kuyunba Conservation Reserve, Alice Springs, NT
From: Christopher Watson <>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:47:58 +0930
Another great day of birding in The Centre. On the 19th I had a single
White-backed Swallow at the Sewage Ponds among thousands of Fairy and Tree
Martins.

Later I was at our best kept secret at Kuyunba Reserve just outside town and
had great views of Red-capped Robin, Hooded Robin, Australian Kestrel, Brown
Falcon, Grey-crowned Babbler and Grey-headed Honeyeater.

On the way back to town I had an adult Australian Hobby harrassing a very
unflustered Black-shouldered Kite near some very conspicuous nests
immediately to the north of Roe Creek on the Stuart Hwy.

Chris Watson
Alice Springs