birding-aus

Musk Lorikeets in Brisbane

To: "Birding-Aus (Forum)" <>
Subject: Musk Lorikeets in Brisbane
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:13:29 +1000
Hi all,

I don't know how widely this has been disseminated yet, but this year is a
bumper year for Musk Lorikeet records in Brisbane.  Already they've been
seen on a dozen or more occasions from about 5 sites so far.  Normally Musk
Lorikeets are a real rarity in suburban Brisbane, so this is pretty
extraordinary.  I encourage Brisbane locals and anyone visiting to keep an
eye out for Swift Parrots in the next few months too, as there has to be a
real chance that what has brought the Muskies here will bring a few Swifties
our way too!

And if you do find some, let me know!

Regards,
Chris

ps. let me know privately if you want more info on where the Musk Lorikeets
have been seen so far.