birding-aus

Little Ringed Plover at Tuross Heads, NSW

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Little Ringed Plover at Tuross Heads, NSW
From: "Mike Carter" <>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:05:01 +1000
Pattie Parker, the lady that found the Dunlin at Tuross Heads, NSW, in January phoned me to report a Little Ringed Plover at the same site on 5 May. An Unusual Reports Sighting form with a very convincing description and sketch was received at Birds Australia HQ today. It will now be assessed by BARC. Although she and others searched, the bird was not seen subsequently. However on Saturday 22 May, she discovered a similar but not identical bird of which she obtained video footage or/and photographs. I hope to view those photographs in the next few days and will advise further.

Mike Carter
30 Canadian Bay Road
Mount Eliza  VIC 3930
Tel  (03) 9787 7136