birding-aus

marbled frogmouth musings

To: <>, <>
Subject: marbled frogmouth musings
From: Graeme Stevens <>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 17:18:48 +1000
The reference I can find Andrew is p 150 of his "Nightwatchmen of Bush and
Plain" 1968:

"A Frogmouth-like call that I tried to trace in the dead of night in thick
scrub at Kin Kin (Gympie district, Queensland) has always worried me, for it
was far from typical of the Tawny species."

In this passage he was discussing the distribution of what had previously been
considered separate species (Marbled of N Qld and Plumed of S E Qld and N E NSW.

Like most of David's books, a great read.

Cheers

Graeme