birding-aus

Birdline NT Weekly Update

To: <>
Subject: Birdline NT Weekly Update
From: "Eremaea Birds" <>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 01:30:58 +1000
Birdline NT

Published sightings for the week ending 9 May 2010.

Sat 8 May       Possible Little Stint Lee Point (Darwin)
on Saturday May 8th, I saw a single tiny Stint, that matched the
description of a Little Stint, amongst a mixed flock of Greater and
Lesser Sand Plovers, Sanderlings, Great Knots, Grey-tailed Tattlers,
Turnstones and a Terek Sandpiper on the rocks at Lee Point in Darwin.
There were no other Stints there for comparison. If any Darwin birders
or birding visitors are out there soon would you please scan the waders
and, if you find it, let me know what you think it is.
Barry Davies

        Chestnut Rail Tomkinson River Maningrida
There were 3 Chestnut Rails walking along the exposed mud in the
mangroves on a 3km stretch of the Tomkinson river near Maningrida.
Ian Davies

Thu 6 May       Gouldian Finch Oenpelli Rd Maningrida
While travelling to Mumeka outstation, about 30kms south of Maningrida,
we flushed 4 black headed, and 2 red headed gouldian finches from the
side of the road.
Ian Davies Martin Campbell

co-ordinated and hosted by Eremaea Birds <http://www.eremaea.com> .