birding-aus

Grey Fantail? migration and lorikeets, Leichhardt, Sydney, NSW

To: <>
Subject: Grey Fantail? migration and lorikeets, Leichhardt, Sydney, NSW
From: "Eric Finley" <>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:46:21 +1000
Hi all

Just to add to the comments by Nikolas and others on inner city Sydney
lorikeet numbers, yesterday was the 3rd weekend in a row where I have
seen several pairs and a few small flocks of 4-5 Scaly-breasted
Lorikeets over Moore and Centennial Parks, as first reported on Birdline
NSW on 4 Apr. Since the early 90s I have lived in inner Sydney off and
on for about 12 years and never seen a Scaly influx before, only ever
the odd bird or pair. Yesterday there were also a few Musks flying over
the parks, but mainly Scalies seen and heard regularly over the entire
afternoon. I am also seeing and or hearing the Scalies every morning in
Redfern since 5 Apr.

Eric

DISCLAIMER: This email and any accompanying attachments may contain
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
read, disclose, use, copy or disseminate the email or attachments. If you have
received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and delete
the email. The Company, its related entities and businesses, and the sender
accept no liability for any damage caused by this email or any attachments.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.