birding-aus

can hardly believe it

To: <>
Subject: can hardly believe it
From: "Judy Philip" <>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:45:15 +0930
I agree totally with Judith.

I have no reason to doubt her account. She was treated abysmally and improperly.
There is no excuse.
I hope that the incident reaches local papers and results in a different attitude by police and property owners in future. Bullying (which is clearly what happened to Judith) is disgraceful wherever it occurs.
Especially to lone old ladies, eh!

It reminds me of an occasion where I (also a lone elderly lady) was parked at a dirt road intersection in the SE of South Australia and, out of the car, peering hopefully into the bush with my binoculars (I'm not a knowledgeable birdo so had to peer long and hard). A couple of strong young men in a ute pulled up alongside and started questioning me. I'm not lacking in confidence so I wasn't threatened by being accosted, out in the lonely bush, by two muscular young men (should I have been? - probably!). I smiled and treated them as though they were worried that I might have a problem and were trying to help (though I very much doubted this).
Eventually they left.
And I (stupidly?) drove into the forest and kept peering.

JAP