birding-aus

Cape Barren Goose and others

To: <>
Subject: Cape Barren Goose and others
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:42:21 +1100
Good morning everyone

                                             I have just returned from Tumby
Bay near Port Lincoln in SA and even though it was not a Birding trip I did
manage to get some shots of Cape Barren Goose at Coffin Bay and 5 species of
Honeyeater coming into some water in a wheel rut at Hincks Conservation Park
near Cowell on the Eyre Peninsula as well as Little Penguin out at the
Joesph Banks Group of Islands 12 mile out from Tumby Bay in the Spencer Gulf
which we stayed overnight and I used my head torch to illuminate the
species. It was interesting to listen to them all night as they were in the
sand dunes behind us and there contact call to their young in there burrows.
Also of interest was a small group of Pink-eared Ducks on the water just as
we came back into the channel at Tumby Bay as I have never seen Pink-eared
on salt water before. On the way home I took my son to Robe and we camp
there on Friday night and the next morning on the road between Robe and Clay
Wells I saw a Western (Mallee) Whipbird. Some of the Honeyeater shots have
been taken with my new 800mmm lens with a 1.4 Teleconverter which has given
me greater sharpness on some of the shots.
http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup
<http://barraimaging.com.au/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=31>
&cat=31

Regards