birding-aus

Places available on Mud Islands trip (VIC) Saturday 10 April

To: "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: Places available on Mud Islands trip (VIC) Saturday 10 April
From: "Tania Ireton" <>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:29:01 +1100
I have a number of places available on a second BAYBOCA trip to Mud Islands
on Saturday 10 April.  This is a great opportunity to visit a wonderful
birding location that not many people ever get to see.  Details are below.
We had 40 species on the first trip on 27 February including Eastern Curlew,
Bar-tailed Godwit, Greater and Lesser Sand Plover, Grey-tailed Tattler,
Great and Red Knot, Grey Plover, Arctic Jaeger, Australasian Gannet,
Black-faced Cormorant, Little and Fairy Tern, Buff-banded Rail and Little
Egret.

Saturday 10 April 9.00 am Mud Islands, Port Phillip Bay

Meet at the Sorrento Pier (Melway map 157 C 7) at 9 am.  We are being picked
up around 9.30 am and will be dropped off again about 4 pm. People will need
to be prepared to wade into Mud Islands from the boat, but it should not be
more than knee-deep.  Bring lunch, sunscreen and shoes for wading (such as
old runners, reefboots, sandals, etc. but advise you to wear socks to
prevent chaffing from sand) as Mud Islands is actually two sand islands and
we will be wading between them.  If the wind is too strong for the trip to
proceed, we will visit an alternate birding location on the Mornington
Peninsula and money will be refunded.  There is all-day parking adjacent to
the pier at $1 per hour.

Cost $35 for adults, $25 for children under 14 years.  Maximum 39 people.
Bookings and enquiries: Tania Ireton on (03) 9583 2175 (AH), 0433 015 282
(mobile) or