birding-aus

TWO NEW 2011 PELAGIC TRIPS

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: TWO NEW 2011 PELAGIC TRIPS
From: Richard Baxter <>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 00:15:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,
            I'm organising two new exciting pelagic trips in early 2011,
cruising the southern ocean in Summer.

Put away the usual Southern Ocean winter woolies and thermals, were going in
February!

Possible Species: Virtually every seabird ever seen on an Eaglehawk, Port
Macdonnell, Port Fairy, Portland or Albany pelagic trip.

On the 10 Feb 2011, we're departing Fremantle WA and arriving in Adelaide on
the 17th, eight days later.  After departing Fremantle we'll head S/W towards
the shelf, passing 50nm off Cape Leeuwin.  As we head east with the wind at our
backs we'll cruise past Esperance 100nm offshore and a not long after that,
200nm off Eucla, before cruising past Kangaroo Island and into Adelaide.

The second trip departs Adelaide on the 20 February and arrives in Hobart seven
days later on the 26th.  Departing Adelaide we'll sail past Portland and Port
Fairy 100NM offshore, prior to turning south and entering rarely birded waters
off Western Tasmania.
If time permits we'll cruise past some of Tassie's southern islands.

February will provide not only more comfortable weather but also long hours of
daylight as we chum our way from the west coast to the east coast.

Cost:
Leg 1 Fremantle to Adelaide - 8 days - $3600
Leg 2 Adelaide to Hobart - 7 days - $3400

If you would like a spot let me know.

Cheers
Richard Baxter