birding-aus

little paradise kingfisher in PNG

To: <>
Subject: little paradise kingfisher in PNG
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:06:16 +1000
Phil raises a question about the status of this species in PNG. I saw a
Little Paradise-Kingfisher near the shore of Lake Murray in western PNG in
2006. It was indeed in a wet area of forest, which was seasonally flooded,
and was calling close to the ground, giving the soft call that Phil
describes.

Greg Roberts

Message: 8